We’ve learned or been reminded this week that praying for our business and guarding our tongue when we talk about it is super important.
If you tend towards negativity in your speech or simply don’t know a lot about prayer, you can use these sample prayers and affirmations as a starting point.
Write them out on index cards or save them on your computer desktop. Keep them before your eyes and let them serve as a reminder to speak life over your business and pray often!
Prayers for your Business:
(From Deuteronomy 30:8-10)
Father God, I choose to obey you and follow all your commands. I love that as I obey you you will delight in me and make me prosperous! I will take the time to know and obey your word and trust that you will make the work of my hands profitable.
(From Luke 6:38)
Father, show me how and where and to who I should be generous with my gifts and talents. I long to sow good seed into the lives of others for I know that you’ll see it come back to me as a harvest of good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.
(From Ephesians 6: 5-9)
Lord, I will serve my clients with deep respect and consideration, as if I were serving Christ. I will try to please them and always serve them fairly. I will work with enthusiasm!
Lord, I will treat my employees and contractors with respect and fairness – remembering that we all have the same Master in heaven.
Biblical Affirmations to Speak over your Business:
- I know exactly what I want to accomplish and perform actions that support those goals.
- I do not waste time in confusion and always turn to God for guidance.
- I run my business with honesty and integrity.
- God has filled me with the skills and strength to do my work.
- My diligent efforts will lead to plenty.
- Everything matters, I am faithful with the little things.
- Whatever I do, I do it with all my heart to serve God.
- God takes care of my business needs, I do not have to worry.
- I enjoy my work, my clients, and my partners.
- I am blessed to be a blessing.
Upcoming devotions will focus on operating in God’s Economy instead of our own!
Remember to take time out from work to rest and focus on family, your own personal needs, and your relationship with God 🙂